sábado, 28 de julio de 2012

Oxford. Dragon school

Casi 15 días sin leer ... demasiado ocupada.


I have been in Oxford (UK) for 2 weeks, and it was better than I expected: new friends, people from all around the world, funny activites and trips.

Day 0 (July, 12th).  I take a flight from Madrid to London (Gatwick), with my friend Dani and his father (Greg). Late arrival to Dani's grandparents' house, where we are going to sleep this night. I'm nervous, and the bed is short, or maybe I am too tall :-)


Day 1.  In the morning, travel by car to the school at Oxford. The English SIM card works fine in my phone.  I can talk with my parents.  I am in Cherwell House, 'Wonderland' room. Emma is my house-parent. Eight girls in my room: Marcella (Germany), Maria (Poland), Maja (Poland), Elena (Italy), Candy (China?), Adriana (France), Julia (Thailand-germany), and me (Spain!).

Day 2. Excursion to Oxford. One hour of 'freedom'. I'm with a group of italians.  We ride some boats on the river. At night, I meet some Spanish girls at the Disco: Ariadna, Martina y Silvia, my new friends. My legs ache after two hours of dancing .

Day 3:  While playing footbal I meet Maria, from Brasil. She was born exactly the same day than me!. And we both like futbol very much.  We all play "Capture the flag".  During dinner, I am with all the Spanish friends. Not my fault, all the countries do the same  ;-)

Day 4. Day trip to Chessington World of Aventure, a theme park. It rains a lot (when I don't say this, it simply rains, not a lot), and I have forgotten my overcoat at the school.  Silvia lends me her jacket.  I meet four additional kids from Spain: Alvaro, Lucía, Alejandra & Patricia.  Since that day, we all neet for dinner at the 'Spanish table', including Matias (Argentina). Before going to sleep, we watch the movie "Ice Age" at the house.

Day 5. Normal day.  Lessons and activities.  But my phone is not working. I'll have to go and buy some credit. Text messages are expensive, and I'm afraid I'm using them as if I had 'WhatsApp'.

Day 6. A lot of rain and they have to cancel the Olympics series. We play a Quiz. My team finishes third in fourteen !.

Day 7. Normal day, with Disco at night.

Day 8. Day trip to London: Bus (2 hours), Pizza hut, a lot of walking (Hourse Guards, Trafalgar Square...), Shops, Hamleys, London eye, ..., and more bus.

Dia 9. A short excursion to Oxford. I buy a jacket.
In the morning, two italian boys fight and one injures the other with a pen. He is going home tomorrow.

Day 10. Very funny activities in the evening: wall climbing (my hands hurt!), and giant balls to bump the others and fall.

Day 11. Day trip to Cardbury's chocolate factory, and a science museum. I don't like chocolate :-)

Day 12. During the lessons, we watch the film "The never ending story". Hot days, nice to go to the pool.
Football with Maria (Brasil). She says than Brasil is better than Spain in football, but it is not !  I have learned that Portuguese is Spanish with a wierd accent, and that Italian is Spanish adding an 'e' at the end of the words  :-) We play "Capture the flag" again.  Very tiring.

Day 13. I wake up dreaming that I am at home. This is coming to an end. I want to stay ... but I want to go.
Fighting at the pool with the greeks, I get some scratches. My friends sing at the "talent show", and they do it very well, even somebody has stopped the music before the end of the song  :-(

Day 14. The Disco is great. Three Spanish songs in a row, including Waka Waka.  The rest of the people is surprised because they didn't know Shakira had a version in Spanish.
Farewells. A lot of crying (not me). Silvia says that we'll never meet again, but that's probably not true.

Day 15 (July, 27th) . My father is here around 08:40.  Too soon !  but I was expecting it because I know him. Last good-byes. My passport tries to stay at Oxford, but we finally find it. By car to Luton airport, and flight back to Madrid ...


1 comentario: